Integrated pest management involving sex pheromone was recommended against tolerance to Phytophthorablight.
- For management of sweet potato weevil, planting of marigold in alternate rows with sweet potato was found most effective.
- Application of Beauveriabassianashowed excellent effect against sweet potato weevil and reduced the tuber infestation and improved marketable yield of sweet potato.
- Yam bean seed extract (YBSE) at 5 and 2% aqueous proved most effective in minimizing Spodopteralituraand aphid population
- Planting of sweet potato with marigold as border crop at 1:1 alternate fashion advocated for reduction in infestation of weevil with higher marketable tuber yield at Kalyani
- Yam bean seed extract (YBSE) at 5 and 2 per cent proved most efficacious in minimizing aphid population at 3 and 10 days after first spray as against foliar spray of dimethoate at Dholi and Kalyani
- Sweet potato intercropped with coriander/ Garlic in 1:1 ratio was found to reduce the weevil infestation of tubers and was recommended to adopt in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.